After a long, cold winter our bodies need nourishing and satisfying dishes.
With spring just round the corner, it’s time to stock up on fresh veggies from the market.
Cauliflower is a great choice to get more fiber, antioxidants, and the anti-inflammatory powerhouse vitamin K into our diets. Plus, this versatile vegetable tastes great when baked, fried, or boiled—so you can really get creative with it!
Here’s a fast and easy way to prepare this fantastic veg, which is ideal for dinner or a light lunch.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions medium, peeled and sliced
- 1 cauliflower head, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried vegetable mix (mix of dried bell peppers, onion, carrots and celery)
- 3 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 sundried tomatoes sliced and divided
- 1 liter Water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add onions and fry for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pan, stir well and season with the dried vegetable mix, salt, and nutmeg. Fry for about 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly, then add 1-2 sundried tomatoes.
- Add the water and cover. Cook for 15 minutes at a low heat.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove 3-4 florets, then blend the remaining mixture until smooth.
- Place the reserved florets into a bowl and pour in the creamy soup.
- Decorate with the fresh parsley and the remaining sundried tomatoes. Enjoy!
- Stir in a little oat cream or cashew cream for a fuller texture.
- Add some vegan cheese for an even richer soup.
The fresh parsley and sundried tomatoes really makes this dish taste like spring.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!