If you’re looking for a warming, nourishing dish that’s easy to prepare, you’ve just found it!
All you need is a few aromatic ingredients, half an hour, and voilá, dinner is served!
- 0,5 kg chickpeas dried
- 4 medium-sized carrots chopped
- 2 teaspoon chard chopped
- 2 small celery chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 potato chopped
- 100 ml tomato purée
- 2 pinch salt to taste
- Soak chickpeas overnight in cold water, about 12 hours.
- Drain off the water and transfer the chickpeas to a large pot. Add the carrots, chard, celery, potato, and onion. Cover with fresh water.
- Add caraway, nutmeg, and ginger to pot. Simmer on a low heat until each vegetable is soft, about 30-40 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the tomato purée.
- Once the chickpeas and vegetables are soft, remove 5 tablespoons of chickpeas and set aside.
- Blend the soup to achieve a rich and creamy texture.
- Add the reserved 5 tablespoons of chickpeas back to the soup. Add salt to taste. Stir well, and serve.
This soup is chock-full of protein, making it perfect for after a workout.
For extra health benefits, feel free to add 1 cloves of garlic.
Decorate with fresh parsley or cilantro.