Full of phytonutrients and antioxidants, apple lives up to the proverb:
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”
This wonderful fruit is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals like calcium; phosphorous; iron; and vitamin C, A, and E.
Serve up this comforting apple soup during the winter months to keep those flu-germs at bay, and to enjoy something delicious!
- 1 liter Water
- 5 apple large, diced
- 5 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
- lemon peel grated
- 100 ml cashew cream
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, reduce to a low heat.
- Add apples, coconut sugar, cloves, cinnamon, bourbon vanilla, and lemon peel. Cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes to allow the spices to infuse.
- Add the cashew cream, and stir gently. Serve.
- For extra flu-fighting properties, add ginger.
- You can use coconut cream instead of the cashew cream.
- For an extra refreshing summer soup, add a splash of lemon oil.
- Add walnuts and whole cinnamon, for attractive decoration with extra flavor.
Juicy apples are available throughout the year, so you can prepare this soup anytime, anywhere! During the summer, put the soup in the fridge for 2 hours, then serve cold.
It’s a delicious way to cool down when the weather’s hot!