Do you know this moment when you wake up, notice that your alarm didn’t run off and you need to leave your house in about 10 minutes?
For me this is basically every Monday morning. I tend to forget turning on my alarm after the weekend (whetever it is intentionally or not) and I hate leaving the house hungry. But when I only have ten minutes (or less) I prefer having a shower than cooking some food but because I am a foodie and I turn into a angry little girl whenever I am hungry and I can’t constantly do this to my friends, family and classmates, I always make sure I have some healthy go-to snacks to take with me and not end up buying the entire bakery because I am that hungry.
Today I will share some of my favourite breakfast cookies (which are pretty easy to make as well) with you and I hope you like them as much as I do.
Let’s go on to the recipe now.
- 1 cup of oats
- ¾ cups of apple sauce
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
Ingredients to chopp
- A hand full of dates
- A hand full of dried figs, or any other dried fruit of your choice
- ¼ cup of cashew nuts
- Preheat oven to 360 F
- Line a baking tray with backing paper
- In a bowl combine the oat flour with the other dough ingredients
- Chopp the dates, figs and nuts into little pieces, the size really depends on how chunky you want it to be
- Combine your chopped ingredients with the oats, the applesauce and the cinnamon
- Stir until it becomes one
- Drop the batter on the baking sheet, press down slighty to flatten a bit
- Bake for 20 min, let them cool down and enjoy
Whether you eat the cookies in the morning, as dessert or as a little treat with your daily afternoon tea, I hope you like and enjoy them as much as I do.
Enjoy your sweet treats!